Wednesday 14 August 2019

VW Junkies, Bletchley



Monday 12th August




I have enjoyed driving the Beetle as my daily driver during the summer. It is running really well, it looks good with the new paint and I do get a lot of compliments about it when I am out and about. It has never been my intention to take it to car shows but it did deserve at least one outing to a VW car club meeting and with nothing important to do on a Monday night, Dave and I went over to The Rugby Club in Bletchley for the VW Junkie’s Show and Shine. We duly paid our £3 entry, £1 for a sticker and £1 for a raffle ticket and parked up next to a few other Beetles. There were about 30 vehicles altogether, not a bad turnout for a Monday night but if they are looking to increase membership they are going a funny way about it. None of the members spoke to us apart from one guy who picked fault with my car, even though we had explained it was a deliberate decision not to make it a shiny, new version of the Beetle. His car was nice. It won best air cooled and Best in Show, which was more than a stretch, as it wasn’t a patch on the beautiful and expensively restored metallic lime green Beetle. The owners had attended the show for the first time but obviously people only voted for their mates!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment