Sunday 19 May 2019

What’s been happening with the Beetle?




After it was running like a pig for most of last summer, Homan’s looked at it and found a problem with the distributer – the only thing Dave hadn’t checked as it had supposed to have been replaced with an electric one by the restorer but hadn’t, even though it was charged for! After that the car was running like a dream so I decided it was worth spending money on the bodywork. Jay Bradley had it for a couple of weeks in April and after fitting new wings, sorting out the rust and giving it a respray, it came back all shiny and lovely. It is difficult to know how far to take it but I want the car to be a 1970 car in good condition not a show car so have decided not to go any further with new bumpers etc. but to continue to spend a time polishing it to the best it can be. Although I do not legally have to get an MOT on the car, I’m glad I did as it was discovered that the inner track rod was broken and the car could have collapsed at any minute! All is well now and I intend to use it as my daily driver. 

Tuesday 14th May  

It was the second monthly meeting of the Bedfordshire Classic Car Club at Oakley Sports and Social Club. A healthy 119 cars turned up including the Phaeton and the Beetle.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment